This week on Prog-Watch it’s Part Two of my two-part collaboration with The Progressive Aspect on some of the best albums of 2021! More great TPA commentary on awesome progressive rock music from A Formal Horse, 3.2, Trettioariga Kriget, The Holy Family, The Paradox Twin, Steven Wilson, Three Colours Dark, This Winter Machine, Drifting Sun, and Mostly Autumn!
902: Prog-Watch and TPA Best of 2021, Pt. 2
THE PROGRESSIVE TRACKS SHOW #424 (“Another Hodge-Podge”)
Hell, I can’t come up with a theme every week…
So it’s some old… some new.
Some prog… some not so much.
Some fallen artist tributes.
It’s all good.
- The Mahavishnu Orchestra – “Vital Transformation” from The Inner Mounting Flame on Columbia/Legacy (1971)
- Uriah Heep – “Firefly” from Firefly on Castle Communications (1977)
- Ocelot Omelet – “?” from Present in the Dark on Ocelot Omelet (2013)
- Methadone Skies – “The Enabler” from Retrofuture Caveman on Haywire Records (2021)
- Prosperina – “Boot” from Flag on Battman (2021)
- Jane Getter Premonition – “Still Here” from Anomalia on Esoteric (2021)
- The Holy Family – “St. Anthony’s Fire” from The Holy Family on Rocket Recordings (2021)
- Lunar Swamp – “Muddy Waters” from Moonshine Blues on Clostridium Records (2021)
- Knecht – “Tabernacle Jam” from Knecht on Independent (2021)
- Mahavishnu Orchestra – “Celestial Terrestrial Commuters” from Birds of Fire on Columbia/Legacy (1973)
- Lucifer’s Friend – “Sorrow” from Banquet on Repertoire Records (1974)
- Slight Layers/Predictions – “Realize” from In Search of Ancient Mysteries on Psychedelic Source Records (2021)
And remember, you can access podcasts of any previous Progressive Tracks Show at: http://www.progzilla.com/?s=progressive+tracks (there are over 260 podcasts now!).
Most importantly, SUBSCRIBE TO THE PODCAST below, so you’ll have it delivered to your fingertips weekly! ˅˅˅˅˅˅˅˅
Podcast: Play in new window | Download