PROGRESSIVE TRACKS SHOW #258 (SeaProg Festival Preview #1)
Progressive Tracks Show #258 (SeaProg Festival Preview #1), originally broadcast on Saturday, April 21, 2018, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
Oh boy, oh boy! It’s that time of year when the sweet strains of Avant Prog fill the streets of Seattle… or at least the streets in the Columbia City neighborhood.
And as is tradition (5 years is tradition, right?), The Progressive Tracks Show is uniquely poised to prepare you for the experience that is The Seattle Festival of Avant and Progressive Rock (SeaProg) 2018.
The plan is to feature a few SeaProg bands each week leading to the festival’s start on June 1st. And this year you’ll hear a bit from the artists themselves… mini ‘interviews’ if you will… that will give you a welcome break from all my talking. ;o)
This week we’ll highlight some band prepare to be prepared.
- Moraine – “Skein” from Groundswell on Moonjune Records
- Himiko Cloud – “Bloomers” from Himiko Cloud on Himiko Cloud
- Ocelot Omelet – “Present In The Dark” from Present In The Dark on Ocelot Omelet
- Moraine – “Waylaid” from Groundswell on Moonjune Records
- Ocelot Omelet – “Pleasure Trauma” from Pleasure Trauma on [Eggplant]
- Himiko Cloud – “Renascentia” from Himiko Cloud on Himiko Cloud
- Bubblemath – “Dancing With Your Pants Down” from Such Fine Particles of the Universe on Sounds Reasonable
- Ocelot Omelet – “Live Not Lives Like Ours” from Pleasure Trauma on [Eggplant]
- Himiko Cloud – “I Knew I Wasn’t Human” from Himiko Cloud on Himiko Cloud
- Moraine – “Okanagan Lobe” from Groundswell on Moonjune Records
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack
P.S. You can skip looking for these posts each week by subscribing to the podcast below!