PROGRESSIVE TRACKS SHOW #242 (Best of Prog – 2017)
Progressive Tracks Show #242 (Best of Prog – 2017), originally broadcast on Friday, December 29, 2017, is now available to download or listen to anytime you desire.
2017 was another fantastic year for Prog. Any arguments? I didn’t think so.
I haven’t actually done a full-blown ‘best-of’ show in years, but instead I’ve given out awards in self-created categories so as not to contradict other DJ’s. This year is different; I’ll play tracks from my personally-selected Top 10 albums (playing different tracks from any I played on previous shows), including the one I consider the Best Prog Album of 2017.
PLAYLIST (NOT in numerical order):
- Vespero – “Hapi” from Shum-Shir on Tonzonen Records
- Charlie Cawood – “Garden of the Mind” from The Divine Abstract on Bad Elephant Music
- Nova Collective – “The Further Side” from The Further Side on Metal Blade Records
- Trojan Horse – “Sickle Cell Orphan” from Fukushima Surfer Boys on Bad Elephant Music
- Bubblemath – “Perpetual Notion” from Edit Peptide on Cuneiform Records
- Gentle Knife – “Fade Away” from Clock Unwound – Gentle Knife II on Bajkal Records
- Kotebel – “Paradise Lost” from Cosmology on Musea
- Amplifier – “Horse” from Trippin’ With Dr. Faustus on BEM
- Diablo Swing Orchestra – “Superhero Jugganath” from Pacifisticuffs on Candlelight Records
- Universal Totem Orchestra – “Terra Cava” from Mathematical Mother on Black Widow Records
If you have comments (always welcome), or suggestions for show topics/music, feel free to contact me anytime via email: ProgTracks@KPTZ.org
But first… enjoy the show!
Mike “ProgTracks” Pollack